Abdulsamad Isyaku Rabiu, CON is a Kano-born billionaire who according to Forbes magazine, has estimated over 6.8 billion dollars, making him the fifth richest man in Africa and the 380th in the world as of the 4th of April 2023. Abdulsamad Rabiu is known as a sturdy...
The Richest Men in Northern Nigeria
Take a peek at the richest men in northern Nigeria and their net worth. These personalities have over the years built business empires that contributed to the growth of Nigeria and Africa at large. 6. Umaru Abdul Mutallab Net Worth — $500 Million Umaru Mutallab...
How 500 Year Old Kofar Mata Dye Pit Is Slowly Dying
Do you know that the prominent, notable, and only surviving dye pit which is located in Kofar Mata Kano has been in existence for over 500 years and is still functional? Research has it that textile production dates back to the early 9th century and was well known for...
100 Less Known Facts About Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship is one of those schools of thought that has been debated by many scholars, economists, and innovators throughout history. Fortunately, it has been in existence longer than you expect and there is no specific definition for it. In other words,...
Medically, being healthy is a state of freedom from an illness that could be physically, mentally, psychologically, or emotionally. Indeed, to enjoy life and reach out for more achievement one must be healthy. Sadly, many individuals are not living up to their expectations because they are being confined to the four walls of the hospital or are under one medication or the other. However, most health challenges don’t start in a day, rather it’s the gradual accumulation of one wrong habit to another that results in a sudden breakdown. Hence, we have compiled 100 facts you need to know about your health to stay healthy.
General Health Facts
1. Being optimistic is of great benefit to your health. It aids healthy habits that contribute to your general well-being.
2. The skin helps in regulating temperature and defending against disease and infection.
3. Laughing frequently is healthy for the body— It increases your blood flow by 20 per cent.
4. One way to lose excess weight is through exercise. Exercising helps burn calories.
5. Sadly, 39% of adults in the world are overweight— This is due to physical inactivity, overeating, genetics, medications and more.
6. To boost your brain’s cognitive ability, learn a new language or a musical instrument.
7. Research shows that reading a book helps reduce unhealthy stress hormones— It helps your body achieve a state of rest and mindfulness.
8. Healthy relationships with friends and family boost the body’s immune system. It prevents you from becoming depressed which is likely to weaken your body’s immune system.
9. Consumption of apples is one way to reduce bad cholesterol in the body— Apples contain pectin and fibre, a good source of food for the healthy bacteria in the human gut. Furthermore, it has been linked to everything from weight loss to mental health.
10. People who enjoy running have strong immune systems and healthy bones— Running increases the heart rate which supplies blood across that body.
11. A proper way to preserve happy memories is by writing a journal about those happy times.
12. One great benefit of chewing gum is the reduction of anxiety that comes with it— This is achieved by making you feel focused on a single task at hand.
13. Engaging in yoga increases your general productivity and sex life— It boosts mindfulness which in turn increases productivity.
14. Spending time with nature reduces negative thoughts. This enables you to see the beautiful side of life and think more empathetically.
15. A supportive network of friends and family helps boost self-esteem— Hearing positive comments and receiving encouragement from friends will inevitably grow your self-esteem.
16. Did you know that antioxidants in chocolate protect against ultraviolet damage?
17. Research shows that’s eating almonds, avocados and arugula can boost sex drive and improve fertility.
18. Tea is very medicinal and reduces the risk of a heart attack— This is attributed to the polyphenols, a compound found in black and green tea.
19. To improve your mood, eat more oatmeal— It serves as a mood stabilizer.
20. Did you know that it takes the body hours to fully digest a meal? This is because the digestive system works in a step by step format.
Science Backed Health Facts
21. Smelling rosemary increases alertness and improves memory— It’s a herb with needle-like leaves and it’s perennial in nature.
22. The amino acid found in eggs can help improve your reflexes— This is attributed to the Tyrosine acid in specific.
23. Extra virgin olive oil helps reduce cancer. Oftentimes, components found in some olive oils—oleocanthal—have this cancer-killing power.
24. Did you know that there are more than 650 muscles in your body? Muscles are contractile types of tissue found in the body used in the effecting movement.
25. Wearing a light outfit to sleep helps burn calories— This keeps your body cool, in response to this brown fat produces heat by burning calories to warm the body.
26. Oftentimes, cardio exercise before breakfast helps burn fat. This is an exercise with the goal of raising the heart rate like running.
27. Medically, coffee reduces depression, especially in women. Depression is the inability to enjoy life and envision a bright future.
28. Exercising regularly can increase your lifespan by keeping your DNA healthy and young.
29. You can increase your blood flow to your muscles by stretching. This is the deliberate elongation of a muscle to its full length.
30. Newborn babies are born with barely any blood.
31. Dehydration hurts your mood through the reduction of your energy level and brain performance.
32. Our heart beats around 100,000 times every day.
33. The eye muscles move more than 100,000 times per day, making it the most active part of the body.
34. Did you know that your kidneys filter your blood about 300 times per day?
35. Drinking enough water reduces the risk of skin wrinkles— Water keeps your skin refreshed and helps maintain your skin’s elasticity.
36. The eye can take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.
37. Did you know that massage can help scars fade faster than oil or lotions? Continuous massage makes scars grow lighter over time.
38. Meditation slows down the ageing process— This act helps keep your body calm and gives you a positive mindset.
39. Improper ventilation leads to respiratory diseases like asthma, pneumonia, lung cancer among others.
40. Walking fast is a form of exercise that helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
Psychology Facts About Health
41. Breathing deeply in stressful moments reduces anxiety. It brings the body to a state of calmness.
42. Healthy relationship promotes longevity and happiness— This connection boosts your support system which influences your productivity positively.
43. When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph.
44. More than half of your bones are located in your hands and feet.
45. Vitamin B6 found in bananas helps the brain produce serotonin, which is a good stabilizer.
46. As humans we exhale and inhale through one nostril at a time. Try this out by putting a finger inside one nostril while you breathe.
47. Emotions influence our sense of smell— For instance, anxiety makes bad smells worse.
48. When it comes to cognitive ability, men are more forgetful than females. It’s an inherent ability.
49. Blood constitutes up to 1/10th of the entire body weight.
50. The life expectancy of smokers is reduced by 11 minutes per cigarette.
51. Surprisingly a tick bite causes an allergy to red meat. An allergy is a disorder that occurs in the immune system, causing adverse reactions to substances that aren’t harmful to others.
52. The scent of apples can ease claustrophobia— fear of tight places.
53. Among all living beings known to man, only humans have chins. The bottom part of a face.
54. Did you know that your fingernails grow faster during the day compared to any other time? This is also influenced by location, age, hormones and overall health.
55. Research shows that procrastination is hereditary. Hence, if it runs in your family, you’re likely to become a procrastinator.
56. Physically active pregnant women (in terms of exercise) give birth to smart babies.
57. To combat insomnia, eat food that contains tryptophan like oatmeal, eggs, chicken, and peanuts.
58. Taking hot liquid cools the body temperature faster than cold liquid. This is because hot liquid helps the body sweat more resulting in a cool temperature.
59. Childhood exercise fortifies the bones for wear and tear that comes with ageing.
60. Research proves that fish skin increases the healing process of wounds because it contains collagen proteins.
Important Health Facts For a Healthy Lifestyle
61. Did you know that playing electronic dance music (EDM) scares mosquitoes away? These types of songs include techno, dubstep, trance among others.
62. Work stress can contribute to type 2 diabetes risk— high levels of stress might stop insulin-producing cells in the pancreas from working properly and result in type 2 diabetes.
63. Ginger can help reduce menstrual cramps— It contains anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
64. You can tell if someone has high cholesterol by checking for uneven yellow patches called xanthelasma that will appear around the eyes.
65. Depression and anxiety can cause neck and shoulder pain. It causes tension which leads to pain in the neck and shoulder.
66. Medically, laughing 100 times is equivalent to 15 minutes of exercise on a stationary bike.
67. During your lifetime, you will eat about 30,000kg of food – that’s the weight of about six African elephants.
68. The main purpose of eyebrows is to keep sweat from entering the eyes.
69. Drinking lots of water per day reduces your chances of heart attack by 40%— Good hydration may prevent or slow down changes in the heart that lead to a \heart attack.
70. Eating large meals before sleeping causes weight gain. It leads to the accumulation of extra calories in the body.
71. Excessive eating doesn’t reduce anger or depression. In contrast, it leads to weight gain.
72. Regular exercise improves self-esteem and confidence. In other words, it keeps you healthy and makes you think positively about yourself.
73. Water constitutes about 70% of the body.
74. Inadequate water intake can cause constipation, asthma, and migraine. This implies that the human body needs water to function well.
75. Chewing tobacco can cause oral cancer. It contains harmful chemicals like nicotine.
76. Did you know that early morning sun rays are the best source of Vitamin D?
77. Studies show that ocean water heals wounds, aches, and pains, this is due to the fact it’s rich in sodium, chloride, and sulfate.
78. Adequate water intake prevents kidney stones by increasing the volume of urine that prevents minerals from getting crystallized.
79. Blueberries help to prevent type-2 diabetes— Blueberries are a rich source of polyphenols that lower the risk of developing type-2 diabetes.
80. Certain mental illnesses are family-oriented like depression, schizophrenia, and bipolar disorder.
Amazing Health Facts That Will Improve Your Health
81. Adequate intake of water contributes to glowing skin tone.
82. High blood pressure is a result of a blockage in the upper airways that may lead to sleep disturbance.
83. It’s recently proven that red meat worsens body order, although it’s individually specific.
84. Did you know that body fat leaves the body through the lungs? Once the fat is broken down it leaves the body as carbon dioxide through the lungs.
85. SItting in front of the television for more than 5 hours can increase the risk of early death. But, not so much if you engage in exercise.
86. Prolonged stay on medication triggers mental illnesses like depression. This is because the person begins to feel the treatment isn’t effective and indulges in negative thoughts patterns.
87. Active children will have improved cognitive function in their old age. This refers to children who engage in exercise activities.
88. Blueberries are recommended for people at the early stage of dementia. This is a state of progressive decline in cognitive ability.
89. An average red blood cell lives for 120 days.
90. Continuous usage of a single plastic bottle releases harmful chemicals into your water—change as often as you can.
91. The eye can distinguish about 10million colour surfaces.
92. Oftentimes, dehydration can cause back pain in some persons— This occurs when the gelatinous material inside your discs lose water and are unable to hold the weight of your body.
93. Elderly people need about 7—9hours of sleep daily to stay healthy.
94. Did you know that your body contains enough iron to make a spike strong enough to hold your weight?
95. For smokers, it will take 15 years of nonsmoking to regain a normal healthy life.
96. Majority loses 50% of their taste buds by age sixty— This is because, at such age, the number of taste buds decreases, and the rest begin to shrink.
97. Did you know that it’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open? If you force yourself your eyeballs might pop out.
98. The heart pumps about 1 million barrels of blood during an average lifetime – that’s enough to fill 2 oil supertankers!
99. Beard is the fastest growing hair in the human body— the average man who never trimmed his beard will grow nearly 30feet long in his lifetime.
100. Did you know that we burn more calories while sleeping compared to watching TV? During sleep, the body is at rest and uses the energy to restore itself. Besides, we don’t eat while sleeping compared with the urge that arises to eat something while watching TV.
100 Interesting Facts About Science
The science field is that field of discovery that seems to provide a reason for every phenomenon we can ever think about—sounds cool and interesting. But, it leaves you with more questions to ask, creating a never-ending cycle of curiosity about everything within our...
100 Surprising Facts About Food
Food is any substance that can be eaten by a living thing to stay alive. Most importantly, food is a very crucial component of human survival, we need food to grow, stay energized, and be productive. However, food not taken in the right proportion has detrimental...
100 Facts You Should Know About Northern Nigeria
Northern Nigeria is a region situated towards the north side of Nigeria. Interestingly, these regions possess certain characteristics that differentiate them from other regions of the country and the world at large. These differences span across the lifestyle of its...
100 Facts About Cryptocurrencies You Should Know
Cryptocurrency is designed for digital transactions and it's based on blockchain technology. However, in recent times crypto is being traded and used as a means of generating money. Sadly, this means of digital trade has not been embraced or deemed legal by many...
100 Interesting Facts About Power
Political governance and influence on its subjects are referred to as power. The ruling power over a particular country influences how the country will function, either positively or negatively. It's disheartening that most citizens are fond of complaining about those...
100 Fascinating Facts About Music
Music is a sound that is pleasant to hear—meaningful. This set of sounds has the power to influence the way we view life, either positive or negative, depending on the lyrics of the music. Furthermore, music comes in various forms and is composed for various reasons....
100 Fascinating Facts About Culture
Our present society is built upon the foundation of culture, which has influenced the lifestyle of people inhabiting that particular society. Culture is viewed generally as the way of life attributed to certain people. However, it varies from one group of people to...
100 Fascinating Facts About Entertainment
One of the quickest routes of getting rid of stress, boredom, or feeling happy about life, in general, comes through entertainment activities. The good news about such activities is that you don't have to participate to feel the magic, by merely watching those...
100 Interesting Facts About Money
Money is a legal currency that is used for various transactions and contracts here on earth. Money can be in the form of hard cash like banknotes coins. In addition, they exist in other forms like cheques, credit cards, or digitally. However, money is an essential...
100 Fascinating Facts About Family
Everyone belongs to a family and that's what gives us a sense of identity. A family system is believed to be a small unit of the larger society, most importantly, it's the foundation upon which a society is built. In other words, without family, there would be no...
CEDDERT Organized A Two Day Conference On Transforming Almajiri System in Northern Nigeria
This Is What I Learned About Vaginal Yeast Infections While Interning At A Hospital
How I Began Advocating for Girls’ Education: Rabi’s Story
Adam Zango’s Net Worth
Why Many Kanywood Stars Are Migrating to Tiktok
Princess Mufeedah Was Asked if She Was A Muslim, and Her Response Shocked Everybody
Like 1979, Like 2023
Kannywood Actress Momee Gombe’s Biggest Secret Exposed
Top 5 Most Useful Websites Every Techie Need to Know
The Story Behind Safa’s Depression
You May Also Like…
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.