The Hausas have been performing Kidan shantu since before they even come into contact with other people, making it an ancient tradition. The connection to people, however, has caused some alterations to the structure and flow of the Kidan shantu. Kidan shantu is...
Ebira Pet Names That Will Gladden Your Partners Heart
Ebira pet names are for people whose partner is an Ebira person. Are you in a relationship and want to express romantic feelings for your significant other? You need to name your love. You want to be able to call them by name, and you want to be able to express your...
30+ Hausa Romantic Names You Can Call Your Partner
These romantic Hausa names are the best way to show your spouse how important they are to you in an endearing way. These names make your spouse know they matter and are very special to you. As a Northerner, how do you develop romantic Hausa names for your significant...
30+ Southern Kaduna Names That Are Easy to Remember
Southern Kaduna names are easy and simple to recall. Even though some names are just too complicated and difficult to pronounce, here are a few southern Kaduna names that are easy to remember. Kato AchigabaJanet DuniyaYohanna GagarauBintu MutuwaBala BwachatBakam Allah...
Igala, an ethnic group found in Kogi state of Nigeria is the 7th largest ethnic group in Nigeria. They are a rich group of people with history, rich culture, and a way of naming just like the Hausa traditional names. They are ruled by an Attah whose palace is in Kogi. The 28th Attah of Igala, His Royal Majesty Matthew Alaji Opaluwa Oguche Akpa was coronated on 3rd March 2022. This article will list some Igala names in case you want to name your babies with Igala names.
Modern Igala Names and Their Meanings
Igala Name for Baby Boy
1.Ameh (Amueh):Powerful man, one who can defeat or capture you irrespective of your strength.
2. Okpanachi: A male child whose birth coincides with another blessings in the family such the father/mother getting new job, or promotion.
3. Odiba: Supporter, comforter, one to lean on
4. Edibo: King’s guard or servant
5. Ebiloma: I prayed and got the child, Son of prayer result.
6. Odoma: A male child born after settling down in a new settlement or location. It signifies that the settlement is good or will be good for them.
7. Ogaji: Champion in a gathering, son of a prominent person or king
8. Enemali: The one who directs people on the right path, righteous child, honest person.
9. Akoje: Unity
10. Ugbaje: God has answered, has been answered or responded to.
11. Alacha (Alhassan): Male twin.
12.Akoji: Successor, heir.
13. Atadegbe: Son of a farmer, farmer, same as the George
14. Audu: We have won, a male child born after winning a particular battle.
15. Edogbo: Brave person
16. Ajifa: Silver
17. Ocholi: Brave person
18. Aboh : Male child name meaning One who predicts, son of a prophet.
19. Arome: Male child name meaning God will reward, Rewarder, God is the rewarder
20. Etuh: male child meaning My choice,
21. Ojotu: Male child name meaning the chosen child, beloved child
22. Omera: male child name meaning My reward
23. Omebo: Son of oath or born after some predictions
24. Omachi (Umachin): Male child name meaning closeness, familiarity.
25. Ajeka: Obedient child, one who listens to advise.
26. Ekele: a man,male child, brave
27. Ogwuche: The medicine or prayer has worked.
28. Atabo: The one who predicts, foretells, or can see what will happen.
29. Idakwo: A male child born when your particular problem is over or has stopped.
30. Obaje: is likely to be for a male child born at sunset.
31. Aruwa: Hospitable one, one who accommodate others.
32. Ebune: God’s blessing, Saved
33. Opaluwa: Clan continues (despite death)
34. Odekina (Odokina): Male child born in a big settlement.
35. Ajodo or Anejodo: A first child born when a man came to a new settlement.
36. Omede: Son of the throne, son of a king.
37. Edojah: Male child name meaning the heart of the multitude, son of a lovable or peaceful man.
38. Achenyo: One who does good, good person.
39. Unubi: Guidance, protector.
40. Enemakwu: Hope, Assurance.
Which name do you think we left out? The meaning of which name surprises you the most? Let us know in the comments!
Submit a Comment
30+ Christian Hausa Names You Should Know About
Christian Hausa names are mostly names of prophets or their companions or Arabic-derived names pronounced and written in Hausa. There are also infrequent names that are from original Hebrew that are written in Hausa. Christians bear Muslim names that don’t have...
15+ Unisex Hausa Names You Can Name Your Child
Have you ever wondered how to find a gender-neutral name for your baby? One of the many ways you can do that is to name your baby with unisex Hausa names. Some people might want to consider a unisex name for their baby. This does not necessarily mean that the name has...
How NASA Space Station in Kano Helped Put the First Man on The Moon
Did you know that a NASA space station in Kano state in Nigeria was crucial to the success of the Apollo mission, the first mission which landed a human on the moon? Let me tell you how it happened. How NASA Space Station in Kano Helped the Apollo Mission In 1958 at...
10 Examples of Bakar Magana(Bakar Magana Guda Goma) And Their Meanings in English
Bakar Magana, known as Sarcasm in English, is a reply to a person's response to make them angry or upset. It is a type of verbal irony used when you are saying the opposite of what you mean to upset the person you are responding to. Just like karin magana, Bakar...
The Forgotten Story of Kabo Air
Kabo air was one of the Nigerian charter airline companies popular in the 90s to 2000s. The Kano-based airline which provided Hajj charter services is now largely forgotten. What happened? Here is the genesis. Origin of Kabo Air Kabo Air was established in February...
100 Kanuri Names and Their Meanings in English
Kanuri people are one of the ethnic groups in North-East Nigeria, with a lot of cultural heritage and rich history. With an estimated 3 Million speakers in Nigeria alone, mostly in Borno and Yobe states, the Kanuri people are one of the largest ethnic groups in the...
50+ Fulani Names and Their Meanings in English
Fulani names in Nigeria are very unique. From the female Fulani names to the Fulani male names, each has its own meaning. The Fulani are one of the cultures that have not abandoned their traditions just like the Hausas have their traditional Hausa names hence still...
Kube Cap as an Accessory for Northern Nigeria Men
Kube cap is amongst the several fashions adopted by northern Nigerians. This costume serves several functions, from protecting the wearer from the scorching sun to a display of wealth and affluence. Kube caps are among the most crucial regalia for men to beautify...
The Intriguing Story of Fulani Dress Styles
The Fulani dress styles are very beautiful and well-recognized, just like the Hausa royal attires. The Fulani culture itself is a well-known diverse and rich one. The Fulani are a member of a pastoral and nomadic people of mixed African and Mediterranean ancestry with...
The Evolution of Polo in Northern Nigeria
The general metamorphosis of Polo in Northern Nigeria is as fascinating as the sport itself. It started as a sport only the elite male royals partook in. Now, a mark that any member of society can decide to participate in really talks about how polo has evolved and...
CEDDERT Organized A Two Day Conference On Transforming Almajiri System in Northern Nigeria
This Is What I Learned About Vaginal Yeast Infections While Interning At A Hospital
How I Began Advocating for Girls’ Education: Rabi’s Story
Adam Zango’s Net Worth
Why Many Kanywood Stars Are Migrating to Tiktok
Princess Mufeedah Was Asked if She Was A Muslim, and Her Response Shocked Everybody
Like 1979, Like 2023
Kannywood Actress Momee Gombe’s Biggest Secret Exposed
Top 5 Most Useful Websites Every Techie Need to Know
The Story Behind Safa’s Depression
You May Also Like…
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
What’s the meaning?
Ene is an idoma name
Very resourceful…thanks for sharing