Kaduna Economic And Investment Summit (Kadinvest) is an annual event summit organized by the Kaduna Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KADCCIMA). The summit was initiated by the Governor of Kaduna State, His Excellency Mallam El-rufai Ahmad, in 2016 to showcase Kaduna as a potential investment destination for both local and International investors.
The year’s Kadinvest annual summit was held from the 13th -the 15th of October, 2022, and it was themed “Building a Resilient Economy.” The summit venue was the Umaru Musa Yar’adua Hall, Murtala Mohammed Square, Kaduna State, hosted by the Governor of Kaduna State, His Excellency Mallam El-rufai Ahmad.
Eminent Nigerians flooded the Venue to witness the KADINVEST 7.0 summit as it was also hosted on the METAVERSE making Kaduna state the first state in Nigeria to do such.
As expected, many guests trooped in to attend the KADINVEST 7.0 summit, including leaders, industry giants, traditional rulers, and many more.
Who and Who Attended KADINVEST 7.0?
Amongst the Eminent Nigerians in attendance were the APC Presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Senator Uba Sani, Deputy Governor of Kaduna State and Chairman of KADIPA, Dr. Hadiza Balarebe, His Royal Highness, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II, the 14th Emir of Kano and the Vice Chairman of KADIPA’s Board, The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari who was represented by the Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Maryam Yalwaji Katagum and many more.
The three days Summit Kick-started with a National Anthem in reverence to our beloved Country, Nigeria, after which there was a welcome Address by Hon. Commissioner of Business, Innovation, and Technology Professor Kabir Mato.
His Excellency Malam Nasir Ahmad El-rufai presented a recap of the previous six editions of Kadinvest and later unveiled the summit and also highlighted the major achievements of the Administration in 2022.
Some of the major achievements included:
- KDSG collected N52.8bn IGR in 2021
- Commissioned the 136-bed Infectious Disease Centre in Mando.
- Commissioned the LGEA Primary school, Lokoja Road, Rigasa
- Commissioned the Sabon Gari Market, Zaria Metropolitan Area.
- Commissioning of the remodeled Murtala Mohammed Square.
- Commissioned some road projects of the Urban Renewal Programme within Kafanchan Municipal Authority and Zaria Metropolitan Area.
- Commissioned the Barbados Fertilizer Blending Plants.
Day 1 of the Kadinvest Summit was all about Business Expos of Four (4) major sectors, including Agriculture, Infrastructure, Solid Minerals, Technology, and others at the Centenary Park.
After this, there was the launching of the following businesses:
- The Kaduna Livestock Regulatory Authority (KADLRA) Regulations
- Ginger Invest Policy and Strategic Framework Gips (GIZ)
- Launching of film Village Project: Signing of the MOU with KADCCIMA and KDSG on the trade fair complex by the Creative Art Sector
Day 2 of the Kadinvest Summit continued with the commissioning of some projects by the Governor and these projects included:
- Falgates Foods Rice meal
- AFEX’s Aggregation and Processing Centre
- KASTLEA Vehicle Inspection Centre 1
- Kaduna Galaxy Mall
- Muwa FFAG Estate
- Nuru Siraj Estate
- Rheyno Estate
- AMSCO Neighborhood Centre
Day 3 of KADINVEST 7.0 was held at the Umaru Musa Yar’adua Hall, Murtala Mohammed Square, where the APC Presidential candidate gave a Speech mentioning how “developing a resilient economy requires sustainable governance and good government because those are the bedrock upon which resilient economy is developed.”
His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, was represented by the Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Maryam Yalwaji Katagum.
Kaduna State has emerged as one of the leading destinations for Foreign Direct Investment for Nigeria in the last six years. The success of the Subnational in attracting investments, creating jobs and increasing internally generated revenue, is critical to the success of the entire country.
At the end of the speech, the following activities were carried out;
- Launching of the new Ease of Doing Business (EODB) Charter 2022
- Handover the Declaration of Green Economic Zone as a Special Economic Zone with Free Trade Zone status and Operational License from NEPA to Kaduna State.
The Kadinvest 7.0 summit recorded a high volume of investors and participants who made presentations in agriculture, mining, infrastructure, technology, and solid minerals.
Business owners were allowed to pitch their business ideas and also were expected to network with other people there.
At the end of the day, Executive Secretary Mallam Khalil Nur Khalil gave closing remarks at the end of the Kadinvest 7.0 summit.