Knowing your body posture and how to increase body posture in general is very essential for the human body. Posture is the position in which you hold your body while standing, sitting or lying down.
A good body posture involves training your body to stand walk, sit and lie so as to place the least strain on muscles and ligaments while you are moving or performing weight-bearing activities.
Knowing how to increase body posture is very important for your long-term health. Here are some ways on knowing how to increase your body posture…
5 Ways to Improve Body Posture
Before I dive deep into ways on how to increase body posture, it should be cleared that there are 2 main types of body posture
Dynamic posture: This is associated with postures like walking, running, or bending to pick something.
Static posture: This is associated with postures like sitting standing and sleeping.
Now that the knowledge on categories of posture has been cleared, you can now get to understand ways on how to improve body posture. Some ways include…
1. Participate in Yoga
This point has helped me a great deal in my posture, if I do say so myself.
Yoga helps an individual’s bones and muscles get flexible, not only does it do this, but it also increases the circulation of blood and gives an individual peace of mind. Just reading these benefits, it is obvious that yoga is a yes when it comes to having a good posture.
Yoga can be beneficial to the body posture because all its poses are centered on building core strength which helps in spinal alignment. These core strengths are used to help maintain muscles and bones which help support the body. Yoga is really good for the body and it helps improve the body posture of an individual and also helps the individual on how to increase body posture for his or her body.
2. Exercise Regularly
Exercise to most is stress. As a matter of fact it is, but did you know that it helps with good body posture?
Exercising has been proven to improve body posture of any individual. You do not need to do a straneous exercise to get fit and have the right posture, all you need is to get comfy in a workout attire and get right into working out. Working out does not necessarily have to be at the gym, you can workout from home.
Exercises strengthen your core and buttock muscles, and back extensions, will help correct a slouching posture, for instance. The bottom line is that exercises help you to improve your body posture and flex your muscles.
3. Eating Healthy of Foods
Most if not all of us love food, but did you know that you can eat what you love moderately and not slouch while doing so? Yes, you definitely can.
You should know that when you gain more weight than your muscles and bones can carry, you begin to affect the flexibility of your spine, the strength of your joints, and your posture. Fresh vegetables and fruits tend to have a very low energy density, meaning they contain very little calories per every gram you consume of them. Adding these vegetables to your diet can help you avoid gaining weight that can lead to health problems.
Changing what you eat for weight loss will surely improve your body posture and also help you in ways on how to increase body posture because less but nutritious meals will lead to large stomach which most times lead to slouching which in turn makes you tired on time.
4. Good Self-Confidence
You may ask how self-confidence relates to body posture, well it actually does relate. Have you ever stopped to observe people with charisma walking? How they carry their heads high and keep their shoulders broad whenever they walk or stand? Or how they walk into a room and everyone’s eyes are on them irrespective of their height? Yeah, that’s the power of self-confidence.
Richard Petty, co-author of the study and professor of psychology at Ohio State University said:
“Most of us were taught that sitting up straight gives a good impression to other people. But it turns out that our posture can also affect how we think about ourselves. If you sit up straight, you end up convincing yourself by the posture you are in.
Self-confidence gives you a high morale and happiness about yourself that it controls the way you walk, talk, sleep, sit or even stand, it really has a lot to do with posture. Take for instance, most people who slouch, they are usually the go-with-the-crowd people; they don’t like talking much because they do not want to attract attention to themselves. These type of people find it tedious to acknowledge the fact that self-confidence helps improve your body posture.”
5. Try Weightlifting
Don’t think weightlifting is for those heavy duties you see in the gym that all those big men lift in the gym. There are different equipment for weightlifting which range in sizes and all.
There are some that are 1-40kg; it all depends on what works for you. Weightlifting has a very huge effect on your spine and arms. The spine has a natural curve and so, the weightlifting helps to keep that curve in shape and not to allow it curve the more by slouching or straighten too much as a result of too much pressure on weightlifting. That is why it is advised to have a dumbbell that is efficient for you, it can be 1, 2, 3, 4, or even 40kg dumbbell you have, it all depends on your body weight and body capabilities.
When you have good posture, you fall in love with your body more and you look healthy. Knowing how to improve your body posture is a necessity and should be treated as such.
What is responsible for body posture?
Several muscles including the large back muscles and the hamstrings are critically responsible for body posture, especially good posture.
What happens if your body posture is not correct?
You will be exposed to back pain, spinal dysfunction, joint degeneration, rounded shoulders and pot belly.
What causes bad posture?
Bad posture can come about as a result of illness, injury, genetics, lack of exercise, eating too much, day to day effects of gravity on the body.
How can I maintain a good posture?
You can maintain a good posture by standing up straight, keeping your shoulders back, put your belly in and also put your weight mostly on the balls of your feet.
Why is it important to have a good posture?
Proper posture improves spine health, and you should know that the spine is one of the most important organ In the body. Without the spine you can’t walk, talk and even sleep well. Sitting and standing with proper alignment improves blood flow, helps keep your nerves and blood vessels healthy, and supports your muscles, ligaments and tendons.
Sex is a vital component of every marriage. However, it is considered more like a chore for some couples. The frequency of intimacy is less and the reasons are not farfetched, ranging from the daily hustles to make ends meet, stress at the end of the day, psychological problems, etc. This negatively affects sexual intimacy. As such, looking to Nigerian aphrodisiac recipes for a solution is a good one.
Your libido is affected by several factors like social factors stress, biological factors like sex hormones, nutrition, etc. There are some foods that, if consumed, would improve your mood and sex drive. Hence, taking care of what you consume would in turn help improve this important area of your marriage.
Therefore, natural aphrodisiacs are your go-to sex drive enhancer. This is because we consume them normally for a healthy lifestyle. It becomes a win-win as it improves your sex life in addition. Amazing, right?
Below is a list of 12 natural Nigerian aphrodisiac recipes you should try
10 Aphrodisiac Foods and Drinks You Should Try
Who doesn’t like this fleshy food? Watermelon is a popular fruit consumed by many. It is appreciated for its significant hydrating property. This shouldn’t come as a surprise as water constitutes over 90% of its total composition.
In addition, research has shown that it is a very important aphrodisiac. It contains important components like citrulline, lycopene, potassium, etc.
More so, citrulline amino acid is present in a substantial amount in watermelon. This citrulline elevates nitric oxide levels in the body. This nitric oxide helps to relax the blood vessels thereby aiding blood circulation. This blood flow to the male sex organ is important for erection.
Watermelon is now known as nature’s viagra as it treats erectile dysfunction.
Watermelon can be eaten normally and can be made into a juice.
2. Tiger Nuts
Tiger nuts known as Aya in the Hausa Language, have been one of the most recognized aphrodisiacs recipe in Nigeria. This is because it contains numerous nutritious components. These include vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins, etc.
One of such significant nutrients is vitamin E. Vitamin E is known to be an important vitamin for fertility in both men and women. This vitamin improves sperm motility, increases sperm count, and boosts sex drive. Consumption of foods rich in vitamin E increases the level of testosterone. Testosterone is a male sex hormone that is a factor for sex drive. So tiger nuts are really helpful.
Tiger nuts can be eaten in raw, dry, or roasted forms or made into a drink.
3. Tiger Nuts Drink
Not everyone loves to eat a raw or dried form of tiger nuts. A better alternative is turning these nuts into a milky drink. It is highly nutritious and has the same effect as the tiger nuts mentioned above.
Also, to make it more nutritious, you can add other ingredients like ginger, coconut, dates, etc.
Note dark chocolates. Dark chocolates with a high concentration of cacao are important Nigerian aphrodisiac recipe.
Dark Chocolate also aids blood flow which is necessary for erection because it serves as an antioxidant. It also contains other constituents like phenethylamine, endorphin, and serotonin which put you in the right mood.
5. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potato is one of the Nigerian aphrodisiac recipes you should take. They are known to have a robust concentration of potassium. Potassium is a macro element that helps to keep high blood pressure in check. This function in turn lowers the risk of erectile dysfunction.
It is also rich in vitamin A which is important for fertility by enabling better cervical fluid.
You can make your sweet potato into porridge, you can fry it, etc.
Avocado is a popular aphrodisiac food. It contains numerous nutrients like vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, etc. All these constituents work together to improve the duration of sex. It also prevents premature ejaculation.
Omega 3 and 6 are vital components of avocados. Women with low levels of omega 3 and 6 lose interest in sex. Consumption of avocados helps improve this deficiency.
Almonds are known to be very important for fertility due to their high concentration of Zinc. They’re also sources of essential fatty acids which are important for healthy libido and fertility too.
Ginger is known to be a very important spice. It is used to cook food. It is also used to make drinks.
A good effect of taking ginger is that it aids detoxification and improves blood flow. As stated previously, this blood flow is important for the erection of the male sex organ. More, so, ginger is a good aphrodisiac food as it increases desires, libido, and sexual performance.
Hence, make ginger a part of your regular spices for your kitchen.
Date fruits popularly known to be abundant in the desert are aphrodisiacs. It contains minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients. It has a high level of amino acids which improve sexual stamina.
Date fruits also help to boost the quantity and quality of sperm.
10. Red Pepper (Chili)
Red pepper chilli heats the body system thereby allowing increased blood flow. This in turn boosts erection. This is also a regular spice.
In a bid to improve sex drive and overall sexual performance, many have resorted to using various concoctions and drugs. If you ask me, I would tell you that those concoctions have negative side effects. To stay on the safer side, I would advise you to frequently consume the above Nigerian aphrodisiac recipes. They’re all-natural, available, and affordable. Consume them and notice amazing improvements.
Do you find this article helpful? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Food is any substance that can be eaten by a living thing to stay alive. Most importantly, food is a very crucial component of human survival, we need food to grow, stay energized, and be productive. However, food not taken in the right proportion has detrimental effects on the body. Similarly, when cooked wrongly. Therefore, this article contains 100 facts about food.
Fun Facts About Food
1. Antioxidant in apples is one chemical substance that can extend a person’s lifespan— This chemical neutralizes free radicals that have been linked to a variety of diseases.
2. Research shows that dark green veggies have more vitamin C compared to light-coloured red veggies.
3. Honey has an infinite lifespan. In other words, it doesn’t get spoiled.
4. Apple keeps you more awake and alert compared with coffee. Apple contains about 13 grams of natural sugar. These vitamins are released slowly throughout the body, making you feel more awake.
5. To improve your mood, eat some bananas— This is made possible because it contains lots of nutrients like vitamins B6, fibre, tryptophan, iron, protein and more.
6. Rubbing the inside of a banana peel on a mosquito bite keeps it from itching— This is due to the natural oils found within the banana’s skin.
7. Majority of the vitamins and minerals found in eggs are concentrated in the yolk.
8. Apple can last as long as a year, still looking fresh, if properly kept in a cool place.
9. Some dairy products are made from seaweed like in puddings, chocolate milk, chewing gum, jams and jellies.
10. Fruits and vegetables are low in calories and fat. Hence, they are a healthy diet for weight loss and maintenance.
11. Globally, strawberries are the only fruits with seeds on the outside.
12. An ostrich egg is equivalent to twenty-four chicken eggs.
13. Sardine fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids which prevent heart attack.
14. Surprisingly, the outer waxy coat of a cucumber is capable of erasing ink stains. It contains cleaning chemical content.
15. Did you know that potatoes can absorb and reflect radio wave signals? Because of the potatoes’ water content and chemistry.
16. 60% of the human gene is similar to that of a banana.
17. Did you know that chewing coffee beans can help eliminate bad breath? Yes, because coffee resists the bacteria that leads to bad breath.
18. Milk supplies calcium to the body which strengthens the bone and teeth.
19. Too much intake of ice cream causes toothaches. This is due to worn down enamel, exposing the dentin and causing pain when your tooth comes into contact with hot or cold foods and beverages.
20. Banana is a great source of fibre, potassium, and vitamin C.
Healthy Facts About Food
21. Garlic is one of man’s earliest medicines, it’s diverse in its function. This includes easy digestion, easing arthritis symptoms, calming nausea, relieving menstrual cramps and lots more.
22. 60% of the body’s blood glucose is utilized by the brain.
23. One of the many benefits of omega-3 fatty acids is that it helps fight inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
24. An average strawberry has about 200 seeds.
25. Did you know that cucumbers are 96% water? Hence, you can stay hydrated on cucumbers.
26. Cucumber is capable of removing the fog on bathroom mirrors that appear after bathing.
27. Eventually all bananas we eat are cloned from a single plant in southeast Asia.
28. Medically, cayenne pepper helps prevent asthma. It contains capsaicin, this substance helps reduce wheezing and clears airways to help you breathe comfortably.
57. Walnuts contain nutritional value good for the body— It has healthy Omega-3 fats. Furthermore, It helps in reducing inflammation and improving heart function.
58. Magnesium found in cashews helps the body get rid of constipation, insomnia, and muscle cramps.
59. Women who eat high-quality chocolate have 32% lower risk of developing heart failure than those who don’t.
60. Turmeric helps improve cognitive coordination in the body. This is attributed to curcumin found in turmeric that helps clear Alzheimer plaques.
Mind-Blowing Facts About Food
61. Sadly, excessive caffeine intake leads to insomnia and heart palpitations. Caffeine is a chemical with stimulant effects found mainly in coffee, tea, cola, cocoa.
62. Eating more slowly gives the brain time to perceive when you are full.
63. Studies show that eating slowly also reduces the number of calories consumed. Eating slowly permits thorough chewing which helps reduce calories intake.
64. Eating eggs in the morning with or as your breakfast keeps you full and prevents high consumption of calories in the later meal.
65. Eating high protein meals decreases the level of ghrelin, the hunger hormone.
66. Cooking a meal at home lowers obesity risk and improves diet. Homemade meals utilize fresh ingredients compared with processed ingredients used in cooking at restaurants.
67. High Omega-6 can lead to inflammation and cause diseases like heart attack and cancer.
68. Eating from a small bowl makes your food portion appear big. It further prevents overeating which may result in obesity.
69. One of the best natural energy drinks is green tea. It contains healthy bioactive compounds which improve productivity.
70. Storing fresh herbs naturally with water will last longer than those stored in the fridge.
71. Some people feel soup tastes better a day after preparation. I’m one of those people, what about you?
72. Oatmeal helps you stay fuller than you think, and prevents mid-interval meals like junk food.
73. To get deeply flavoured foods, don’t overcrowd the pan. Ingredients will be unevenly distributed when the pan is full.
74. Did you know that cold temperatures compromise the flavour of potatoes, onions, unpeeled garlic, and peaches?
75. Oftentimes, going late to the market guarantees you a large number of foodstuffs, since most vendors are in haste to close for the day.
76. Addition of coconut oil to boiling rice increases the rice resistance to starch which slows rapid digestion.
77. You get to feel full by eating pasta left overnight and reheated compared with freshly prepared pasta.
78. You’ve heard it over and over; sugar causes havoc to the body, so, keep your sugar intake low.
79. Sugar found in energy drinks is more corrosive to your teeth— Its sugar content can erode your enamel making your teeth vulnerable to decay and cavities.
80. Recently, research shows that taking too many energy drinks could destroy your liver. Although it causes acute liver injury, the exact chemical for this is still under investigation.
Random Food Facts
81. Research shows that eating from a small bowl increases the feeling of satiety and reduces energy intake for those who want to lose weight.
82. Oatmeal has lots of fibre and helps balance every meal. It serves as a stabilizer.
83. Research shows that hot dogs may be harmful to your body. It contains harmful chemicals like Sodium phosphate, corn syrup, sodium, sodium nitrite that increases the chances of heart disease, kidney disease, and weak bone.
84. Artificial sweeteners increase hunger hormone in the stomach. This includes Saccharin, Acesulfame, Sucralose among others.
85. Sunflowers seeds are the best alternative to chewing gum, it also provides you with vitamin E.
86. Unsweetened yoghurts are healthier for the body. It benefits gut bacteria and boosts the immune system.
87. Oftentimes, dairy products lead to belly bloat. Belly bloating occurs when the gastrointestinal tract is filled with air or gas.
88. Consumption of hydrogenated oils regularly causes heart disease— It increases your bad cholesterol and lowers your good cholesterol.
89. Low intake of nuts and seeds increases the risk of stroke and type 2 diabetes. Interestingly, nuts are full of unsaturated fatty acids, phytochemicals, fiber, vitamin E, folate, calcium, potassium and magnesium.
90. Ultra-processed foods are highly overeaten which can lead to excess calorie consumed and weight gain
91. Coffee intake increases longevity but minimizes your intake per day(not more than 4 cups). Most importantly, avoid high sugar additives.
My hands and feet are freezing right now and I could be in bed, enjoying some warmth but I have to write to you. We can’t lose communication, I know it’s important to me, is it important to you? Here are what we have for this week:
The New Year is approaching and I bet you have some plans for it. Maybe I can convince you to add one more thing to your list. Wouldn’t it be interesting to learn a new language? Yes? Yes! Here are 7 Quick Ways to Learn a New Language by Yourself Quickly. Just picture yourself mamacita-ing your way into Spanish.
It’s a little embarrassing that as I write to you now, my bio is nothing to write home about. I always feel I don’t have to try writing a good bio because I don’t have many great achievements and I go online and everything seems so much harder so I usually just wing it. But then, I’m trying to find a remote job and I have to write a better bio. Tell me we are in the same boat. If we are, Umar Farouk Kabir has a solution – How to Write a Professional Bio with Examples.
Are you intelligent? Or an investor? What if I told you that you could be both? Pick up Benjamin Graham’s The Intelligent Investor and let’s make it work. You’re about to tell me you hate reading but is this how you want to live your life comrade? These are the 15 Books Every Investor Should Read. You’re smart, I know you’ll give them a chance.
You’re not a great spender, I am not either. I am so reckless with money and I can’t keep track of where they disappear to once I start going through them but with the help of Umar Farouk Kabir, I have The 10 Best Expense Tracker Apps in 2022 to start afresh. It wouldn’t hurt to start when the year starts.
Find Out Your Ideal Job When You Take This Quiz. If you’re confused as to what path to take in life, maybe this is a sign to take this quiz and find out. Don’t just fold your arms and wait for fate. We’ve never been quitters so let’s not start now.
You have heard of yeast infections, vaginal infections but you haven’t heard of vaginismus? Maybe this is because our society frowns upon conversations that are even in the slightest bit sexual. However, this is a major concern because This Woman Has a Rare Medical Condition, She Doesn’t Have a Hole. You should read this because Wow! Yeah, it is that shocking.
Pineapple is such a fruit and we have always known that fruits are good for pregnant women so why it is that pineapple is bad for them now? Find out on 10 Foods You Should Avoid When Pregnant, No. 5 is the Worst. I was shaking with anger until I saw the reasons, you’d stop shaking too if you saw them.
What’s that thing people say? What a man can do, a woman can do better. Such is the story of Queen Amina. A woman whose story passes down through the Hausa People. Read the Biography of the Great Queen Amina of Zazzau and see how she led an army of men into war.
I have a dream of home-schooling my kids until they are 5 years old because I truly believe home-schooled kids are smarter than their peers. Montessori Education as a Tool for Arewa Mothers is the best place to start. If you are thinking about this too, then I have got you covered for the future or now.
And we have come to the end of our newsletter for the week. I hope you had fun with it as I did, aaaaaand I can’t wait to see you next week bud!
It’s December, It’s Christmas, and it’s all celebration. Did I mention that winter is coming? Yeah, Jon Snow has been in touch lately so get your coats and socks because it is the season. Here is what I have for this week’s newsletter.
For Monday, I dove into You! You have not been taking care of yourself, but I will give you 14 Smart Ways to Invest in Yourself because I see you, and I care. You may not know this but everything I do is for you because I love you.
I see that I have your attention now, are you flirting with me? You obviously are because how couldn’t you when I am armed with the 5 Stunning Ways to Make a Good First Impression. I can’t just walk up to you dressed up anyhow. I have to prepare for you and this is what people don’t understand – that for you to catch a person’s attention, you have to do it well. And you are not making it easy for me.
I started a small business a month ago but I can’t for the life of me understand how I am always broke. I know that I have sold so many of my products but I can’t account for the money so I started looking for ways to solve this problem. Luckily for you and me, Umar Farouk Kabir gave us How Manage Cashflow For Your Business to Succeed.
Brought to you on Tuesday are 10 Interesting Facts about First Borns You Should Know. I don’t know about you but most of the comments I have heard that are being made about first children are not flattering at all. I don’t know why people fail to acknowledge the several great attributes they have. They are after all like our second parents. I know mine is.
Isn’t it nuts that nuts are part of the 8 Foods That Will Help Boost Your Memory? Pun fiercely intended. I used to remember everything I was told or taught but now I struggle to remember the smallest things. I won’t be deterred by this and neither should you, so read this with me.
It’s not death that bothers me, it’s living a painful life. And what’s more painful than people pointing fingers at you and acting like you carry a contagious disease? Read the story of Malama Sa’adatu and find out how HIV AIDS Didn’t Kill Her, The Stigma Did. It’s sad that despite all the awareness about this disease, people choose to stigmatize.
On our wedding agenda this week is How Kamu Tradition is Done in Hausa Land. I may not agree with some traditions but I can’t do away with fun – significant ones like this. Come and watch the Hausa culture flourish.