Abdulsamad Isyaku Rabiu, CON is a Kano-born billionaire who according to Forbes magazine, has estimated over 6.8 billion dollars, making him the fifth richest man in Africa and the 380th in the world as of the 4th of April 2023. Abdulsamad Rabiu is known as a sturdy...
The Richest Men in Northern Nigeria
Take a peek at the richest men in northern Nigeria and their net worth. These personalities have over the years built business empires that contributed to the growth of Nigeria and Africa at large. 6. Umaru Abdul Mutallab Net Worth — $500 Million Umaru Mutallab...
How 500 Year Old Kofar Mata Dye Pit Is Slowly Dying
Do you know that the prominent, notable, and only surviving dye pit which is located in Kofar Mata Kano has been in existence for over 500 years and is still functional? Research has it that textile production dates back to the early 9th century and was well known for...
100 Less Known Facts About Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship is one of those schools of thought that has been debated by many scholars, economists, and innovators throughout history. Fortunately, it has been in existence longer than you expect and there is no specific definition for it. In other words,...
The activity called sex is as old as the existence of humans on planet Earth, for it’s upon the basis of sex that procreation is guaranteed. However, sex isn’t just about intercourse between a man and a woman for pleasure or an act of making babies. Sex in itself serves as a seal of commitment that binds a union in the case of a legal marriage. This is the more reason why these 100 facts about sex are important.
Furthermore, this act can ruin a person’s life when done with the wrong partner— Sexually transmitted diseases. Similarly, sex can benefit you emotionally, socially, health-wise, and every other aspect when engaged properly. Therefore, you should learn about human sex practices and what’s so unique about them that changes the lives of those doing it in the right way. Here are 100 fascinating facts about Sex.
Strange Facts About Sex
1. When it comes to sex, quality is more important than quantity— Irrespective of the number of times you have sex in a day, if it isn’t done the way you like it best, you will always feel unsatisfied.
2. Did you know that sharing the house chores among couples equals more sex? Women will always be in the mood when they feel the house chores are well divided and their husbands carry out their part of the chores.
3. There are several sexual acts humans engage in ranging from activities done alone (masturbation) to acts done with another person (sexual intercourse, non-penetrative sex, anal sex, etc).
4. Sexual activity usually results in sexual arousal and physiological changes in the aroused person, some of which are pronounced while others are more subtle.
5. The fear of having, seeing, or thinking about an erection is called ithyphallophobia
6. Older people have some of the best sex. This is because they practice a healthy lifestyle by exercising, eating right, and managing stress which is the key to a healthy bedroom.
7. In some cultures, sexual activity is considered acceptable only within a marriage, while premarital and extramarital sex are taboo.
8. Research proves that sexual intercourse may cut down stress levels and lower blood pressure.
9. The climax of sexual pleasure, occur during sexual activity, which in male involves ejaculations, and in female vaginal contraction is called orgasm.
10. It turns out that having a happy sex life, improves job satisfaction and greater engagement at work.
11. Did you know that 3% of people do not have sexual fantasies at all?
12. During arousal and orgasm, the hypothalamus in the brain releases the feel-good hormone oxytocin. These hormones help women feel less pain, especially during menstruation, and in men cut pain perception by half.
13. Men aged 50 and over who have frequent sex are less likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer than men the same age who do not have sex often.
14. Working out releases testosterone in your body and also circulates blood into your genital area.
15. Frequent sex may improve a man’s sperm quality, reduce DNA damage to sperm, and increase fertility.
16. Safe sex is the act of engaging in sex using protection, especially if you’re not in a monogamous relationship, and also to get tested for sexually transmitted infections regularly.
17. Did you know that a woman’s breasts can swell up to 25 % when she is turned on?
18. 75 per cent of women don’t orgasm from regular sex— Women need direct clitoral stimulation, either from a hand, a toy, or a special position to orgasm.
19. In some religions sex is regarded as a celebration and as a form of worship— Sex was seen as mirroring the sensual power of the gods.
20. 70% of men watch porn when compared to the 33% of women who do the same.
Science Facts About Sex
21. Average male orgasm lasts for 6 seconds whereas an average female orgasm lasts 20 seconds.
22. Libido varies from person to person. Medically, it tends to be high in men when compared with women.
23. The application of lubricant before sex makes orgasming easier.
24. Women who have sex at least once a week have more regular menstrual cycles.
25. Internal issues like reactions to drugs or hormonal changes can affect your mood for sexual activity.
26. Eating a balanced diet and frequent exercise is a perfect solution for unstable libido.
27. Women can experience erections too although smaller when compared with men— The clitoris is made up of the same spongy erectile tissue as the penis, which expands and engorges with blood when aroused.
28. The manual erotic stimulation of the genitals or other erotic regions, often to orgasm either by one’s self or a partner is called masturbation.
29. A woman’s eggs have sophisticated biological mechanisms that actively choose which sperm they allow in and it isn’t always the first one to arrive.
30. Sexual feeling continues to be a mystery as 60% of men get erect nipples when aroused.
31. Those who experience high orgasm before going to bed are more likely to have quality sleep.
32. Research shows that regular use of sex toy boost a person’s sex life and is linked to better overall health.
33. Did you know that a teaspoonful of semen contains about 5 calories?
34. Medically, about two tablespoons of blood is required to get a penis erect.
35. Having sex is the most enjoyable way of keeping the common cold away compared with other methods.
36. Did you know that sperm can travel up to 7 inches in an hour?
37. You can have an STD and not know it— Sexually transmitted diseases don’t always present with obvious tell-tale symptoms, hence, get regular screening if you must stay sexually healthy.
38. Having great sex boost your productivity at work compared with exercise.
39. A woman can orgasm in about 4 minutes through masturbation but it will take her 10-20 minutes to orgasm during intercourse.
40. Hard thrusting, doesn’t turn most women on, in contrast, can cause pain and injury— The vulvar vestibule, just under the opening to the vagina, is vulnerable to abrasion and tearing.
Shocking Facts About Sex
41. The penis and vagina account for less than 10 per cent of erogenous zones, as the entire body is capable of being stimulated.
42. Married people masturbate far more than people living alone. This can be attributed to the fact that masturbation boosts sexual drives.
43. Ejaculated sperm survives only for a few hours outside the body but once it enters a woman’s vagina and makes its way up to her cervical mucus, it can live for up to 3-5 days.
44. An average healthy man can ejaculate enough sperm in two weeks to impregnate every woman in the world.
45. Sex increases your immunity to pain. Orgasms trigger hormones that help you increase your pain threshold.
46. Some people orgasm while working out due to the repetitious core movement.
47. Urinating after having sex prevents you from catching urinary tract infections.
48. Interestingly, some women can orgasm through the stimulation of breasts and nipples.
49. People in their 20s are most active during sexual activity— Most of them have sex around 80times per year.
50. When you feel anxious about something or an event, sex is one way to feel relaxed.
51. Medically, if thoughts or actions of sex take over your day and becomes a distraction to you, it’s time to seek professional help.
52. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, frequent ejaculations in men who are in their 20s may help decrease their risk of prostate cancer.
53. Research shows that having sex can trigger creativity in every aspect— career, educational among others.
54. Did you know that If you’re sexually attracted to someone, it is much more difficult to lie to them?
55. The vaginal canal is a muscle and does not permanently stretch from having accommodated a large penis—The vagina is incredibly resilient and bounces back quickly.
56. Did you know that your inner nose swells while having sex?
57. Interestingly, On average, you burn 100 calories in a single-sex session?
58. If you want to increase your chance of having an orgasm, keep your socks on during sex— Cold feet can interfere with the ability to get into sex, especially for women.
59. The majority often feel shy seeking sexual advice from professionals, and end up being unsatisfied with their sexual life.
60. A man approximately ejaculates 17 litres of semen in his entire life that contains about half a trillion sperm.
Sultry Facts About Sex
61. Did you know that exercise before sex boost your energy level for the act?
62. A woman’s clitoris contains over 8000 nerve fibres, almost twice that of a penis.
63. Research has proven that sexual desire and migraine headaches are stimulated by the same brain chemicals.
64. People with a poor sex life tend to take on more work to compensate for their lack of fulfilment in the bedroom— Those who have sex only once a week plunge themselves into their work.
65. Did you know that menstrual cramps in women can make time attain the climax of sexual pleasure?
66. Orgasm is one of the physiological responses in a human body that cannot voluntarily stop once it has started.
67. Did you know that vigorous sex helps one lose weight? Research shows that it helps you burn up to 5 calories per minute.
68. According to certain religious beliefs, having sexual intercourse outside the context of marriage can shatter a person’s emotional health— Associated with the feeling of guilt and shame!
69. Just because your partner may appear clean and attractive on the outside, doesn’t mean they’re free of STDs— If you have one sex partner ensure you both undergo regular check-ups to stay safe.
70. Phycologically, most women prefer a dark place over a well-lit-up place to have sex.
71. Sexual acts (when done right) help strengthen both physical and mental connections with a partner— leads to a stronger emotional bond.
72. Sexual urges and drives in humans are called libido.
73. Oftentimes, most people get aroused before experiencing sexual desires and not vice versa.
74. Foreplay is that sexual act at the beginning of a sexual encounter, that serves to build up sexual arousal sometimes in preparation for sexual intercourse.
75. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine that gives you the same ecstatic feeling people feel when they’re sexually attracted to someone.
76. Having sex enhances affection levels, which in turn increases the overall frequency of sexual activity.
77. The average man has 11 erections per day and 9 erections per night.
78. Did you know that it’s difficult to urinate immediately after having sex? That’s because when you orgasm, an antidiuretic hormone is released in your body that makes urination difficult.
79. Sexual activity can alter your levels of luteinizing hormone, which controls a woman’s menstrual cycle.
80. Sex drives decrease as one gets older especially in women.
Surprising Sex Facts
81. Conditions like depression and anxiety don’t only wreak havoc on your mental health but also hurt your sex life.
82. Women are more likely to have sex dreams about politicians, celebrities, or their exes while men are more likely to dream about having sex with multiple partners at once.
83. Research shows that masturbation lets you gauge exactly what turns you on, Wich can make sex even more enjoyable.
84. One of the common driving factors why people engage in sex is the self-esteem boost many get from doing the deed— It makes some persons feel powerful and more attractive.
85. Sex helps reduce the effects of stress and regulates the stress signals firing in your brain.
86. The clitoris is way bigger than you think it is— There’s a much larger part called the clitoral urethral vaginal complex, underneath the skin that also engorges with arousal.
87. An average person’s heart beats at the rate of 140 beats per minute during orgasm.
88. Medically, a woman’s sex drive reaches its peak just before her period.
89. Did you know that engaging in mindfulness can improve sexual pleasure and arousal?
90. Men can orgasm without ejaculating— The two occur in rapid succession with orgasm coming slightly before ejaculation.
91. Did you know that sex can decrease a man’s risk for a fatal heart attack? Intercourse certainly gets your heart beating and optimizes its function.
92. Vibrators were first developed as a medical device— It was invented in 1869 as a treatment for “hysteria, a mental disorder characterized by emotional excitability.
93. Most people say anywhere between 7 and 13minutes is the desired optimum time for penetrative sex.
94. When a man is aroused, his testes Increase by 50% in size.
95. Human sexual activity has sociological, cognitive, emotional, behavioural, and biological effects on a person.
96. Many men suffer from delayed ejaculation. One reason for this is an “idiosyncratic masturbation style” which means they’ve become accustomed to a certain kind of pressure and speed from manually masturbating and now find that difficult to replicate with a partner vaginally.
97. Men reach their sexual peak at 17 years of age— They are said to have attained sexual development at this stage.
98. Sex can boost your recall skills and activate the area of your brain associated with learning.
99. Did you know that women who suffer from migraine have a higher sex drive?
100. To have a pleasurable sex time, endeavour to ask and understand your partner’s sex choices.
100 Interesting Facts About Science
The science field is that field of discovery that seems to provide a reason for every phenomenon we can ever think about—sounds cool and interesting. But, it leaves you with more questions to ask, creating a never-ending cycle of curiosity about everything within our...
100 Surprising Facts About Food From Around The World
Food is any substance that can be eaten by a living thing to stay alive. Most importantly, food is a very crucial component of human survival, we need food to grow, stay energized, and be productive. However, food not taken in the right proportion has detrimental...
100 Facts You Should Know About Northern Nigeria
Northern Nigeria is a region situated towards the north side of Nigeria. Interestingly, these regions possess certain characteristics that differentiate them from other regions of the country and the world at large. These differences span across the lifestyle of its...
100 Facts About Cryptocurrencies You Should Know
Cryptocurrency is designed for digital transactions and it's based on blockchain technology. However, in recent times crypto is being traded and used as a means of generating money. Sadly, this means of digital trade has not been embraced or deemed legal by many...
100 Interesting Facts About Power
Political governance and influence on its subjects are referred to as power. The ruling power over a particular country influences how the country will function, either positively or negatively. It's disheartening that most citizens are fond of complaining about those...
100 Fascinating Facts About Music
Music is a sound that is pleasant to hear—meaningful. This set of sounds has the power to influence the way we view life, either positive or negative, depending on the lyrics of the music. Furthermore, music comes in various forms and is composed for various reasons....
100 Fascinating Facts About Culture
Our present society is built upon the foundation of culture, which has influenced the lifestyle of people inhabiting that particular society. Culture is viewed generally as the way of life attributed to certain people. However, it varies from one group of people to...
100 Health Facts Everyone Should Know
Medically, being healthy is a state of freedom from an illness that could be physically, mentally, psychologically, or emotionally. Indeed, to enjoy life and reach out for more achievement one must be healthy. Sadly, many individuals are not living up to their...
100 Fascinating Facts About Entertainment
One of the quickest routes of getting rid of stress, boredom, or feeling happy about life, in general, comes through entertainment activities. The good news about such activities is that you don't have to participate to feel the magic, by merely watching those...
100 Interesting Facts About Money
Money is a legal currency that is used for various transactions and contracts here on earth. Money can be in the form of hard cash like banknotes coins. In addition, they exist in other forms like cheques, credit cards, or digitally. However, money is an essential...
10 Sexual Abuse Counselling Services in Northern Nigeria
Nafisa Abdullahi Net Worth
Sani Danja Net Worth (In Naira)
Kaduna Full of Guests As KADINVEST 7.0 Makes History
CEDDERT Organized A Two Day Conference On Transforming Almajiri System in Northern Nigeria
This Is What I Learned About Vaginal Yeast Infections While Interning At A Hospital
How I Began Advocating for Girls’ Education: Rabi’s Story
Adam Zango’s Net Worth
Why Many Kanywood Stars Are Migrating to Tiktok
Princess Mufeedah Was Asked if She Was A Muslim, and Her Response Shocked Everybody
You May Also Like…
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.